According to this article, new education ‘guidelines’ require teachers to pull more than half of the reading assignments for high school from… what? Dickens? Austen? No, of course not. Not even Bradbury, Tolkien, Rowling, or a Stephen King. The new Common Curriculum requires that high school students read- for literature- ‘informational texts.’ Literacy experts point [...]
Ads Aren’t Endorsements
The Common Room on Facebook
- My son says women are comprehensible creatures of chaos. about 10 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why you want a savings cushion (not just for emergencies), and how to save and make money for that savings budget. http://t.co/u6VBgjJPCI about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Economic Reality: Buy your own grad school degree, sweetie.... http://t.co/wYVgrQhWal about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Free4Kindle: Free Yourself From the Shackles of Clutter: Simple + Easy Methods to Declutter Your Home + Other... http://t.co/vumwDflJMt about 13 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Inflation- what it is, what causes it;, what it is not. http://t.co/8life5rk4p http://t.co/AB9wb2ENDF about 14 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/PggD2etlnR http://t.co/9oMaKSMWr2 about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses. All survived.... http://t.co/Eukdw0hJAN about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- JFK: Hitler admirer as late as 1937. http://t.co/Y2k3tyxTOy http://t.co/bsPPtBWhMV about 15 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Search on Amazon
Grab Our Badge!
Strider’s Family Loves…
What the DPG & the Ladybug Do When They’re Not Baking Batteries
4 Moms, 35 Kids?!?