This is not okay.

This is a photograph of a heavy, strong male holding female down, immoblizing her against her will in front of approving school administrators.  In the name of progress, diversity, and tolerance.

Believing this is okay, or God help us, even an admirable thing, is the worse sort of gaslighting. It’s vile.  This is a boy and a girl, not two girls.

That boy has been badly served by his community, his family, his health care providers.  He did not get the sort of help he really deserved and needed.  He is being harmed.  And so are the girls he competes against in wrestling.

South Dakota is considering a bill to stop this kind of thing.  It’s horrific that we need a law.

1. Cat
    Posted January 16, 2019 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

For the record, that’s a photo of Mack Beggs, who was born female and who wants to wrestle boys but is being forced to wrestle girls.

• Headmistress
      Posted January 16, 2019 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Yes.a girl on testosterone. Also not fair or right.

2. Anonymouseter
    Posted January 17, 2019 at 8:35 am | Permalink

I’m confused. I thought I agreed with your point 100% but both the people in that picture were born female? So it sounds like you’re agreeing with trans activists that mack beggs is no longer a girl and therefore should compete in the boys div despite being born Mackenzie Beggs. But that doesn’t seem like you.

• Headmistress
      Posted February 15, 2019 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

You are absolutely right and I blew it. I am sorry.

3. DMartin
    Posted January 23, 2019 at 8:31 am | Permalink

Hmmm. ‘Immobilizing against the will’ is kind of the point in wrestling. So, as a willing contestant, it’s hardly an accurate assessment of the situation. Between this and calling a testosterone doped girl a boy, this is not the careful thoughtfulness I’ve come to expect from you.

• Headmistress
      Posted February 15, 2019 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

you are absolutely right. I apologize.

• DMartin
        Posted February 15, 2019 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

I suppose it’s not fair to come out of the woodworks only to criticize. If there’s a balm to be had, it’s that your comments were so out of line of your typical, it drew me out.

For the record, I stumbled onto your blog back during the FLDS scandal, and have been following along pretty much since. I really enjoy the variety of your posts. There’s always something to catch my interest, awakening me to something I didn’t even know existed. I’m now a CM homeschool mom, thanks to your explanatory posts. I knew what TCK meant before my two joined the ranks. You’ve been about as large a positive influence as an unknown internet persona can be on my life.

Thank you for blogging.