Wonder

“Do you see deer?” This is something my Pinoy friends often ask when I describe where I live.
Yes.  Yes, I do.
I am back in the U.S. for a few weeks and I easily see  couple of deer a week, if not more.

Above, one misty, moisty morning as I drove my son to work last week.  I had not forgotten the deer- I am always on high alert so we don’t hit any.
What I had forgotten

was to see the wonder.

“Why do U live in Narnia?” texted a Filipino friend when I shared this picture.

I love living in the Philippines. I am relearning the things I should appreciate about where I have lived the previous dozen years.

This entry was posted in where we live, Who We Are. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. BecTasmanian
    Posted June 26, 2018 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

We see kangaroo almost every day. That’s what we try not to hit on the road. They eat our grass. We have just moved to the bush so we are still in awe of them.

2. 6 arrows
    Posted June 27, 2018 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Lovely picture. I didn’t notice the other deer right away–had to enlarge the picture to see if it was what I thought it was in the shadows.

We often, living in a wooded area, see deer in our backyard. Doe and fawns mostly, especially this time of year. It’s fun to observe the behavior of the young ones. Some being mama’s babies, sticking close to the doe; others more adventuresome and independent. Their “personalities” come through early.

3. Sheila
    Posted June 27, 2018 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Is your health ok?

• Headmistress
      Posted June 27, 2018 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Much better, thanks. Still going to see a doctor here while I am in the States just to check some things, because I have no idea why I was so sick for so many weeks.

• Sheila
        Posted June 28, 2018 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Oh good! I was just a little worried you came back because of that. Enjoy your time with your family!

• Headmistress
          Posted June 28, 2018 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

No, the trip was already planned when I got sick. It was also already scheduled when my mother fractured her knee and is wheelchair bound for the first half of my visit so I am staying with her to help out since she is supposed to keep her knee straight and not over-do.

• Sheila
            Posted June 29, 2018 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness! It’s such a good thing you are there!