This is the main bathroom

There is no hot water, because to have hot water, you have to buy a small hot water heater and attach it to the shower. Then you get hot water from the shower, but not the sink.  We do have a hot water heater for our master bedroom shower. I know lots of people who don’t have the hot water heaters, and having such a luxury item isnt even on their radar.

This is the bathroom in the hall, the one guests use.

There is a sink just to the left of the toilet.

This entry was posted in Davao Diary. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. Lisa Beth W.
    Posted April 6, 2018 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Yep, I feel a bit old softie right about now. Cold water in the shower?! **Shudder**

• Lisa Beth W.
      Posted April 6, 2018 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Oh, I just thought of this–in such a warm country, doesn’t anyone have a hot water tank on, say, the roof, and heat it with solar power?

• Headmistress
        Posted April 6, 2018 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

I don’t know. I haven’t noticed any, but that is not to say they aren’t there. I haven’t talked about it to a lot of people, but the few I have don’t feel like a hot shower is a pleasant or desirable thing. Lots of people shower at least twice a day.

• Headmistress
      Posted April 6, 2018 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Notice also no shower curtain, no division of the shower from the rest of the bathroom. Some places (our master bathroom) have a small sort of raised place in the floor, a two or three inch wall, kind of, separating the shower, but in our bathroom there is also a deliberately placed opening in that wall so the water can run freely over the floor.

It does make clean up a piece of cake. We have a weekl morning Bible study (when I say morning- 5:30) with several guys who come from quite far. They left my bathroom wet the other day (guys), and I just stood in the hall, sprayed the floor and toilet with bathroom cleaner, and then took the shower hose and hosed down the whole bathroom and let it run down the drain. Bathroom was clean in 3 minutes.

2. Lisa Beth W.
    Posted April 9, 2018 at 10:33 am | Permalink

I’ve sometimes wished for a kitchen or bathroom that you could just hose down!

• Headmistress
      Posted April 10, 2018 at 5:10 am | Permalink

I love this feature of the bathrooms and it’s a major oversight that American bathrooms aren’t like this. SO incredibly handy.