Just one of those things

1. What was last thing you drank?
Water. Before that, raspberry kombucha

2. Worst pain ever?

Physical? Broken ribs.

3. Last thing you ate?
Chicken curry broth.

4. Favourite place you’ve eaten?
Mongolian BBQ in Japan

5. How late did you stay up last night?
3 a.m.

6. Last book you read?
Feast of the Elfs, by John C. Wright

7. The last time you cried?
Phshaw.

8. Favourite flower?
Currently, Plumeria. I picked up a blossom off the ground at Bukidnon two weeks ago, pressed it between a folded piece of paper in a book and brought it home and I can still smell its wonderful, sweet, haunting scent.

9. What’s your favourite season?
Where I live now, there’s rainy season and rainier season. Currently I am told we are in the middle of summer. If I don’t have to go outside anywhere between 10 and 4 I have adjusted to the heat and can handle it. Oh, favourite season… Probably autumn in the U.S. but strawberry season is also amazing.

10. If you could have any choice of profession what would it be?
I like what I have done and am doing. I guess if I could work from home I’d love to be a researcher of some sort- the person who does fact checking for books and movies, background research for authors, that kind of thing. I also like speaking on home education, books, and CM’s philosophy.

11. Favourite childhood TV show?
Hogan’s Heroes, Batman, and Twilight Zone- oh, and Lost in Space.

12. Thing you’re afraid of?
Geese.

13. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Heh. Look at me, here in the Philippines.
Also, I’d go to Korea, and it would be fun to see Ireland.

14. Favorite animal?
The late, great, Zeus. The later, much lamented Curly. Both great dogs the likes of which will not be seen again on this earth.

I like animals in theory more than in my house, to be honest. I hate dog hair on the floor and I also hate sweeping it up. But if we are not talking about animals with personal connections, I’d have to say the Cephalapods.

You?

1. Frances
    Posted April 4, 2018 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Last drank water (usual drink except for one glass of Fresca with dinner to keep my husband company – could do fine without it)

Last ate collard greens

Pain – toothache

Favourite place you’ve eaten = The Harbour Restaurant in St Ives, Cornwall. Had delicious fish and chips. Various window alcoves overlooking the harbour (surprise!). Used to be my regular place for meals in that area. Was so sorry when I went with my husband years later to find it had burned down.

Bed last night about 2.30 am

Last book read? Well, several. On kindle Heavenly Delights by Kerry Greenwood, an Australian mystery writer whose prose is refreshingly, unpretentiously literate, and whose heroine is a baker of plus size. On phone (subway reading) all-time comfort favorite Jinian Footseer by Sheri Tepper. Audiobook (walking and pre-sleep) Bless this House by Norah Lofts. Bathroom: the latest Angela Thirkell society journal, still in progress.

last time you cried = actual tears et al, when my mother died. General lump in throat pretty much every day

Favourite flower = those columbines with spurs, but at the moment I’m in love with the crocuses finally blooming

season = spring when it isn’t snowing or raining. And the fleeting moments when the lindens give their heavenly scent

profession = happy with what I do

childhood TV show = didn’t have TV, so probably Children’s Hour on BBC. Wonderful serials and series, introduced me to many authors.

Afraid of = those big roaches, waterbugs, whatever they are called. Give me the horrors. Grateful we don’t get the kind that fly!

Travel = would love to do California 1 again, but husband no longer drives so not in the cards. Also Canyon de Chelley in Arizona where the utter silence broken only by the chuckling of ravens was magical.

Animal = Cats, though I don’t have any at present.

2. 6 arrows
    Posted April 4, 2018 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

1. Water.

2. Delivering First Arrow. Excruciating. My OB came into my postpartum room the day after the birth, saw me filling out a form for my son’s circumcision, and jokingly asked if I was signing up for a tubal ligation. Grrrr.

3. Split pea soup with the leftover Easter ham. Just consumed around 11:00 pm tonight.

4. An outdoor fish boil somewhere in Door County, WI in the 80s. Never had fish so tender and flavorful.

5. 11:00-ish pm. Pretty typical.

6. Every Note Played, a novel by Lisa Genova.

7. Reading Every Note Played last week.

8. I’ll have to think about this one. I am so not knowledgeable on flowers, nothing even comes to mind as one that might be a favorite.*

9. Spring. Hope dawns. And new life. My first four kids were born within three weeks of each other in the springtime.

10. Like Frances above, I like what I do as a profession, which for me is teaching piano.

11. Brady Bunch or Gilligan’s Island probably.

12. Hard to say. Sometimes it feels like I’m afraid of nothing; other times (more often), it feels like many things at once.

13. Norway comes to mind. Seeing Edvard Grieg’s birthplace would be a thrill for this classical musician. And the beauty of the fjords would, I think, be striking viewing them in person.

14. I like snuggly cats and dogs, but lately, my favorite animal is our aquatic turtle. I enjoy talking to him, and how he sometimes gets very still, looking at me when I address him by name. Sometimes he swims over to the side of his tank that faces our piano, and he’ll seem to pay attention to certain pieces I or one of my children or students will play.

That last probably makes me sound like some strange, out-there lady who believes she has a musical turtle of some sort. Or this might all be my approaching-midnight (past-my-bedtime) imagination kicking into gear. 😉 I might very well have answered every question differently at a different time of day.

*Help me out with this one. OK, just thought of some flowers — azaleas and peonies. My grandmother next door when I was growing up planted and enjoyed those. Pretty blooms.

Fun questions, BTW.

3. 6 arrows
    Posted April 5, 2018 at 12:03 am | Permalink

“My first four kids were born within three weeks of each other in the springtime.”

Their birthdays are within a three-week period. Their birthdates are in four separate years. 😀

Time for bed, lol.

• Headmistress
      Posted April 5, 2018 at 12:18 am | Permalink

LOL! I knew what you meant, though.

• 6 arrows
        Posted April 5, 2018 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

I’ve had some long labors, but taking three weeks to deliver womb-mates would be a doozy. 😉

This next is straying further off topic, but in all seriousness now, I’m reminded of someone I know of whose three biological children were all born the same calendar year, but in different, non-consecutive months. A friend’s daughter had her first baby one January and got pregnant with twins within a few months.

Twin A was born in September that year, and with Twin B they managed to hold off delivery until November. Healthy children all. Many prayers went up for those twins after their (four-month- and two-month-) premature entrances. God be praised for His tender mercies.

• Headmistress
          Posted April 5, 2018 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

OH, that is wild. Amazing.