About the Little Boys

A few long time readers have asked, and I haven’t answered because I haven’t been sure what to say. I still am not sure what to say.

The barest bones: Their mother made some horrible choices that put them in an untenable situation. We kept the boys for the holidays the year before we moved here, and then scraped together the funds to get the family into their own apartment and get the power turned on. Their mom had a job. The boys had less and less interest in seeing us or spending time with us and she never contacted us at all.
We moved here. A few months after we got here she was not working and quit paying the rent or the bills. Our deposits (on rent and utilities) are gone, which, honestly, we knew would happen but it’s not something I’m overjoyed about anyway. Worse, they were evicted and the oldest boy called our oldest girl and was asking when we were coming back.

You can insert a world of heart-ache and tears here. The mother did want us to give her another place to live, but we cannot do that and don’t think it would help her anyway.

They have moved to another state and are staying with a relative. Both the HM and I are still in touch with the oldest boy via social media. He’s not happy.

Add more heart-ache and tears.

1. BecTasmanian
    Posted October 31, 2017 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing. There are no words. So sad for you and for the boys.

2. Cindy
    Posted October 31, 2017 at 5:32 am | Permalink

Adding the boys to my prayer list this week. I hadn’t considered how much your leaving would impact them. 🙁

• Headmistress
      Posted October 31, 2017 at 9:07 am | Permalink

We had, and had turned down a similar chance several yrs ago. But we thought we had them in a stable luving situation and they had pulled away from us so we did not seem able to do anything for them. I didn’t think she would throw everything away so fast.

• Posted October 31, 2017 at 9:23 am | Permalink

I remember y’all turning down that chance earlier. Was hoping you’re going now meant things were better for the boys. How old are they now?

• Headmistress
          Posted November 5, 2017 at 2:51 am | Permalink

We thought things were better for the boys, too, since we had set them up in an apartment in a town closer to everything the family wanted to be closer to, and Mom had a good job. And since they were not calling us anymore, and turned down invites to come stay for weekends, it didn’t seem that we could be involved anyway.
          They are almost 11 (in a couple weeks) and 14.

3. Posted October 31, 2017 at 7:56 am | Permalink

So very sad.

4. Frances
    Posted October 31, 2017 at 9:45 am | Permalink

So very sorry to learn this news. You did your best to be His hands and feet for them. Hugs if you’ll accept them.

5. Nana Ruth
    Posted October 31, 2017 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Adding these boys to my prayer list right now. God bless you for all you have done already.

Nana Ruth

6. Lisa Beth W.
    Posted October 31, 2017 at 11:09 am | Permalink

I pray that the love of God that you showed them and taught them will never leave them and will draw them to Him throughout their lives. May He have pity on them!

7. Carol
    Posted November 2, 2017 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Oooooh, so sad to hear. What heartache. Thankful you were there where and when you were meant to be. The rest will be up to the Lord.

8. Posted November 4, 2017 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

I’m deeply saddened to hear this. 🙁 I have been praying for them and the whole situation since they first appeared on your blog. Prayers will continue.