When should you believe a campaign?

Scott Pelley: You wrote in August a story about Hillary Clinton’s medical condition the headlines said, “Hillary Clinton has Parkinson’s disease. [Physician] confirms.” That’s quite a headline.

Mike Cernovich: Yeah, Dr. Ted Noel had se-sent a story to me anonymously, that I checked out, analyzing her medical condition. And —

Scott Pelley: It isn’t true.

Mike Cernovich: How do you know?

Scott Pelley: Well, she doesn’t seem to have any signs of Parkinson’s disease.

“Mike Cernovich: She had a seizure and froze up walking into her motorcade that day caught by a citizen journalist.

Scott Pelley: Did you, well, she had pneumonia. I mean —

Mike Cernovich: How do you know?

Scott Pelley: Well, because that’s what was reported.

Mike Cernovich: By whom? Who told you that?

Scott Pelley: Well, the campaign told us that.

Mike Cernovich: Why would you trust a campaign?”

Transcript of 60 MInutes interview with Mike here.
More by Ace at this link
And why would you trust a Pelley, who is so gullible about what the HIlary campaign told him?  Particularly when the Hilary campaign reported half a dozen other things, including direct contradictions that she was sick at all, before finally claiming pneumonia?
Do I think she has Parkinson’s?  I have no idea.  I do think she is unwell and the campaign lied to us.  Actually, that’s not accurate.  I think she is unwell and we *know* the campaign lied to us multiple times about her health and other issues and the press willingly carried her water and licked her feet for her.

1. Chrissy
    Posted April 4, 2017 at 9:09 am | Permalink

She was the worst candidate I could have imagined. Many of my friends detest Trump but they can’t make any viable case for Clinton, either. The fact that her campaign lied about her health multiple times is just one reason to give her and the media that protected her the biggest side eye and then to ignore them. There are soooo many other reasons her candidacy was a dumpster fire.

• Headmistress
      Posted April 4, 2017 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Definitely the lying about her illness wasn’t the worst thing about her or her campaign.

It does make a perfect textbook example of the media swallowing what the campaign told them and reporting it faithfully, doggedly, and unquestionably as fact. It’s so obvious that a ten year old could follow that train of logic. Leftists prefer to jump off the train and talk about something else because even they know it’s indefensable.

2. Frances
    Posted April 4, 2017 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Is that Mike Cernovich who promulgated “pizzagate”?

• Headmistress
      Posted April 4, 2017 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Yes. Which is not exactly as your favoured news agencies have reported, And which has nothing to do with why on earth anybody would just unquestioningly take the word of any campaign, particularly on an issue where said campaign has unquestionably been lying for weeks.
      Susan Rice, Hilary Clintong: Benghazi was the result of a riot over a film (the film-maker did nothing wrong but his life has been destroyed by Rice, Clinton, and Obama and nobody on the left cares)
      Susan Rice, March 22: I have no idea what Nunes is talking about (regarding her unmasking and leaking information collected by the government spying on private citizens).
      Susan Rice yesterday: Yes, of course I did that. It’s common and means nothing.

3. Frances
    Posted April 4, 2017 at 9:02 pm | Permalink
    • Headmistress
      Posted April 5, 2017 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

No, actually, I do not consider Alex Jones a reliable source, do you? Look, you can talk about pizzagate all you want, but you’re the one who brought it up, not me and I am not playing. It is irrelevant to this post. I see why you’d rather talk about that than about the facts that the Clinton campaign lied repeatedly and the media carried their lies for them no matter what. But that is the subject at hand. Whether Mike Cernovich said it or a leprechaun, it doesn’t change the facts we all know- the campaign said she was in perfect health and then it said she had allergies and then overheated and then pneumonia was diagnosed two days ago- and by their own timeline, they were lying and telling people her health was great when they already knew she had pneumonia. So why would you believe them about her health when you know they lied about her health several times.

Beghazi. People died. Susan Rice and Hilary ruined a film-maker’s life by using him as an excuse. Bergdhal. Susan Rice said he was captured in battle when she knew he was a deserter. Unmasking and spying on civilians- Susan Rice said she knew nothing about it at all and two weeks later she said yes, she did ask for the civilians who were not being spied on to be unmasked and now she says it’s routine. There is NO doubt that she lied. It’s not even debatable. She said she knew nothing at all about an action she now admits taking and claims is routine (it’s not, and why would anybody believe her?). And there’s no way she did that without Obama being involved.

And the media knew this! Two reporters knew she had been the one who asked for the unmasking and they sat on the story until Cernovich broke it. He has a better record than they do, and meanwhile, the media continues to cover up and repeat every new lie as though it’s factual and they don’t ask questions of the left at all, except ‘let me help you out of this’ type questions. and you believe it. Or maybe you don’t.

4. Frances
    Posted April 5, 2017 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Yes, dear.

• Headmistress
      Posted April 5, 2017 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Turns out we’ve both been victimzed by fake news. Cernovich and pizzagate, not really connected:

“Scott Pelley: But the pizzeria was part of this child pedophile –
      Mike Cernovich: I never claimed that.
      Scott Pelley: You didn’t name this pizzeria?
      Mike Cernovich: Correct. I never –
      Scott Pelley: That, that is –
      Mike Cernovich: Never claimed that .
      Scott Pelley: That is absolutely true.
      Mike Cernovich: Correct.
      Scott Pelley: We verified that you never named it.
      Mike Cernovich: Right.
      Scott Pelley: But wasn’t this an indication of fake news getting out of control? People picking up guns to take justice into their own hands after reading stuff like you put on your website that is based on fantasy?
      Mike Cernovich: Well, first of all, we have to draw lines between what I wrote, which is an expert analysis on Hillary Clinton’s health, versus a completely different story, where I never named the pizzeria. And I never thought that the pizzeria was at the center of this. And then people, I would say that it was fake news that people would try to connect me to that pizzeria thing when I never said there was never anything going on in there. And moreover, the lawyer, it would strike me a utterly bizarre if a pizzeria were running any kind of weird operation out of it. 100%. I never, I never wrote that story. So if you guys want to say this is bad, we don’t agree with it, that’s bad and unappreciated. This is fair criticism. But let’s talk about what I wrote and why I wrote it, versus what other people wrote and the conclusions other people reached.”