It rains and pours

Last night while working on fixing up the Rattery, somebody hit Shasta’s truck and totaled it and fled the scene.  Neighbors got enough of a license plate for the cops to track him down, but he has no insurance, and to pour some salt into that gaping wound (Shasta is an unemployed college student at the moment), the cops ticketed him for being illegally parked. Gave him a warning (whew, that’s better).

Last night also our girl in the hospital developed a rash, and suddenly I realized why she had been so fidgety and thrashy in the afternoon, and kept trying to take her socks off.  They gave her Benadryl and it’s gone.

She is still very rattly in her breathing and we can’t get her to cough hard to help clear it up.  But she’s still draining fluid through the chest tube, and she is doing well enough that they are moving us to another floor, because this is just the next layer below ICU, and she doesn’t need to be at this level any more.   Tomorrow morning they will take another x-ray and if it’s improving well and the lung is reinflating, we keep doing what we are doing.  If not, surgery.

I am heading out to help the kids decorate for the wedding this morning, as soon as I finish packing up so as to have everything ready in case my husband has to move rooms while I am gone.

I will probably go home tonight, leaving him here, so I can do rag curls for the last time for our bride and other girl stuff.

Tomorrow morning I think I will skip  our morning wedding rehearsal and come back to the hospital and my husband will go to rehearsal.  The wedding is in the afternoon and we do have a couple from church who will be sitting with our girl so the rest of the family can be at the wedding.

Cleaning up after the wedding should not be too complicated (famous last words), and then we’ll be back at the hospital and the wedding couple off on their honeymoon.

It’s all very surreal at the moment.

P. S.  If asked, I would have said I was doing perfectly well today.  Then I took a shower and shaved my legs without ever removing the plastic safety cover from the razor head, so basically I just sort of gave them a light massage.   Sheesh.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.


  1. Cindy Watson
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 9:36 am | Permalink

    Poor Shasta!! Ugh!! Praying for the wedding! ( and healing and such)

  2. Fatcat
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

    I almost came to comment to say when it rains it pours then I saw that that was actually the title of your post. Sorry everything’s so rough right now. I hope your daughter gets better soon!

  3. Posted March 14, 2014 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

    I did that with the razor! It was a very very long time ago, the first time I ever used one of those fancy pink packaged thingies–and I honestly had no idea you were supposed to take the guard OFF. I must have been in there for hours…there, are you laughing? I’m sure you could use some funny right now.

    Prayers and a very big hug.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>


  • The Common Room on Facebook

  • Amazon: Buy our Kindle Books

  • Search Amazon

    Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks

  • Brainy Fridays Recommends: