From Rattery to Spiffery: The Living Room

rattery living room

spiffery living room

spiffery living room 2

The Boy put in upwards of 12 and 14 hour days some days while his sisters were in the hospital. It was both stress relief for him, and an act of service for his nuna and brother-in-law.

Moptop’s mother told our Boy that when it finally came time for him to get married, all his brothers-in-law would owe him big time, and he’d better collect.

This entry was posted in rattery. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. Karen in SC
    Posted March 24, 2014 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Beautiful!

2. Elizabeth S
    Posted March 24, 2014 at 7:55 am | Permalink

Beautiful! I love the floors and the wall color.

3. Wendy in VA
    Posted March 24, 2014 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Wow! He did an amazing job. That looks beautiful!

4. Posted March 24, 2014 at 10:13 am | Permalink

So beautiful! I love that fireplace. Is it local stone?

Posted March 24, 2014 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I think so. I remember my great-grandmother telling me she and her husband built it, but Granny Tea tells me that was metaphorical- they paid one of his employees at the steel mills to come build it for them.

5. Fatcat
    Posted March 24, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

That is awesome!

6. shari
    Posted March 24, 2014 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

beautiful living room. So nice to see the results of everyone’s hard work!

Also, “We built this house” and “We had this house built” mean the same thing to many people.

and thanks for the compliment! 😉

Posted March 24, 2014 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

You’re right, and I don’t think my great grandmother meant to deceive. I was a very little girl and I had this firm picture in my head of my aged great-grandmother and my long dead great grandfather picking up the stones themselves, hauling them to the house, and carefully laying them out and spreading the goop between each layer.

Posted March 24, 2014 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

Ahhhh, it was you!=) I couldn’t remember who suggested Spiffery. I searched the comments and came up dry. But now I recall it was on FB, right?