Abortion: Against Nature

human being at 8 wks gestation

human being at 8 wks gestation

Whether you believe in Intelligent Design, biblical Creation, theistic evolution, or atheistic evolution- it is an irrefutable truth that every ‘product of conception,’ every fertilized human egg, each and every zygote, foetus, or unborn child, has one human being in the entire world who is genetically designed to nurture this new, unique, and distinct creation.

One person, genetically designed to nurture this new person, created (98% of the time) as the logical conclusion of a chosen activity, an activity itself designed, whether you think by nature or by Nature’s God, for reproduction.

It’s a complete revulsion against nature, against our humanity, when that one human being in the entire world specifically designed for the nurture and protection of this new, genetically distinct offspring turns around and slaughters it. We understand this when we can see the child. A mother killing her own child is an especially egregious crime.

That distinct tiny human being is a person, with DNA unique to his or her self, with a blood type that may or may not match the mother’s, and with his or her very own distinct fingerprints. “My body, my choice” is a lie. It’s not the mother’s body that is being killed, deprived of life in an abortion.

In Chile, where abortion is also apparently legal, a teenaged girl recently discovered that the notion that it’s ‘her body’ is a legal fiction, when she tried to sell her unborn child on facebook. She could murder that unborn child, but she was not allowed to sell him or her.

newborn Feb babyOh, the contradictions and contortions we twist ourselves around all in order to avoid acknowledging the fact that one human being in the whole world genetically designed to nurture and protect you should not kill you.

1. Anita
    Posted February 4, 2014 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Abortion…
    I’ve started this comment so many times and can’t find the right words. Just an unnamable ache in my soul. Brings me to tears every time I think of the enormity of what we are doing to our babies. “We”? Yes, I include those who sin by silence. Every Christian has a duty to speak against cutting children into pieces like a chicken or poisoning them until they die, yet most don’t. Many “churches” (including Catholic churches — which is ABOMINABLE given the Church’s core beliefs about the sanctity of life) simply say nothing. Which is basically equivalent to condoning murder.
    How does God not wipe us all off the face of the earth for such a holocaust? Grace and Mercy, of course. But Ahab and Jezebel burned their children in the fire (along with all the other Baal worshipers) and eventually were brought to justice.
    ….St Elijah, pray for us!

Posted February 4, 2014 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Your words remind me of Proverbs 24.

• Anita
        Posted February 4, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Ohhh… That just took my breath a little and teared me all up… Thanks :’-)

2. Lynn
    Posted February 4, 2014 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I thought quite a bit about how to respond to your post. Tried to come up with some articulate, rather wordy replies. Finally, it occurred to me, the response is rather short and simple (since you have rather well articulated it.)

3. Beth
    Posted February 4, 2014 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Every time I think of abortion I get a physical ache in my womb. I’ve had ten little lives in there, four of whom are with me still and six of whom I lost through miscarriage. Just the thought of purposefully destroying any one of those lives is horrifying.

I also agree with Anita. This should drive us all to our knees, begging for forgiveness and pleading with God to end this holocaust.

4. Anita
    Posted February 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

My womb has only carried four babies, three of whom are with us, one who prays for us in heaven. Two have special needs (so far, we are praying over the baby a little more intently as he grows). The war against children is a holocaust. But the war against special needs children… Is there a word more extreme than holocaust? 90% of Downs babies, for example, are aborted. What did St Paul say about the “weaker members” of the Body? That they should be cut off, discarded, carved out and destroyed? No. He said they were “indispensable”. Those that are the “least” we cover with the greatest care and honor. Just like mercy and humility, abortion and eugenics cannot be separated. The prospect of another pregnancy is a loving and fearful one. But if God gives us another special, we will be grateful and call it a blessing.

I know women who have had many, many miscarriages like Beth (long distance hug, my dear!) or who cannot have children at all (for no discernible medical reason) and would love to adopt. There’s not much market for that for many reasons — primarily because millions of children who otherwise would have been adopted have been killed by their own mothers.

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy.