RIP, Old Friend

And thank-you for your years of companionship, service, and joy.

This entry was posted in Critters. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. Amy Clark
    Posted November 9, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

So, so sorry. God gave us such a strong capacity to truly care about and love animals. We lost a long-time friend recently, and the pain was very real. Hoping the memories turn quickly from raw to sweet.

2. Lisa Beth W.
    Posted November 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

So sorry that you had to see this pet go. Must be tough.

3. Jan
    Posted November 9, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

It’s hard when that happens. Sympathies to all.

4. Posted November 10, 2012 at 12:19 am | Permalink

So sad for you. They really become part of the family, don’t they?

5. 6 arrows
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 8:16 am | Permalink

Sweet pictures. And this “And thank-you for your years of companionship, service, and joy” did me in. Very sorry for your loss.

6. Posted November 10, 2012 at 10:38 am | Permalink

I am very sorry.

7. Libby
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 10:41 am | Permalink

So sorry for your loss. The Zeus-dog will be missed here, too, although I know it’s nothing like what you’re feeling.

8. Posted November 10, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

I am so sorry for your loss.

9. Lady M
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

I am so sorry. It is hard to lose those furry family members. {{hugs}}

10. Posted November 11, 2012 at 4:27 am | Permalink

Their name, their years, spelt by the unlettered muse,
    The place of fame and elegy supply:
    And many a holy text around she strews,
    That teach the rustic moralist to die.

11. Posted November 11, 2012 at 4:34 am | Permalink

The quote above is from Thomas Gray, “Elegy Written in a County Churchyard”. Just so you don’t suppose I was trying to pass it as my own.

12. Roxie
    Posted November 12, 2012 at 8:17 am | Permalink

I in no way mean what you did was wrong. After what I was witness to this past Sept. when my mother passed away….I will never ever judge how someone helps an animal die.

My mother, 80 years old, had been in hospice care for 7 months. She was a strong woman who was active most of her life till a massive stroke left her almost a vegetable. How she lived the last 8 years of her life is something I will not ever understand…We were with my mother the night she died. She suffered so much. The nurses there gave her medication, but it was not very helpful to her. She faught for every last breath with tears going down her face. As I sat there holding her hand begging our Lord to ease her pain I could not help but think “if she was a dog we would shoot her’